> The Things You Can Read: Book Blogger Hop: September 6-12, 2013

The Things You Can Read welcomes you and thanks you for your readership. We, here at The Things You Can Read, ask your help, if you visit our site regularly, please follow us either via email or Google Friend Connect.  Launched on June 7, 2012, our site has already attracted a great deal of attention.  One of the goals of the site is to feature reviews of Children's Picture Books, Young Adult novels and Adult Literary Fiction/Nonfiction.  A second goal for the blog is to be a resource for teachers of English and writing--with examples of student created writing, writing tips, resource links, and the opportunity to pick the brain of a seasoned English teacher.  To spice things up...every now and then, we'll also include random quotes and thoughts on education and life in general, but our ultimate goal is to reach out into the blogosphere and be a "Book Whisperer" and "Writing Whisperer" to children and adults of all ages.   Thank you for your readership.  Here is to a lifetime filled with reading and writing.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Book Blogger Hop: September 6-12, 2013

Book Blogger Hop: September 6-12, 2013
What got you started as a blogger? Everyone has a story/reason, what's yours?

I wanted a place to document by personal reading journey, other than Goodreads (which I love and use), and I wanted this place to also help me with my teaching, thus The Things You Can Read was born on June 7, 2012.  I use it everyday teaching the novel The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, and I try to add other items that I use every year like Elements of Fiction, Drama, etc.  I know that I am not the only person benefiting from having this information out there in the blogosphere because one of the biggest hits for my blog comes from Teaching The Outsiders Page.     

Why did you start blogging?  Let us know here at The Things You Can ReadThanks, as always, to Coffee Addicted Writer for hosting Book Blogger Hop

Happy reading to all! ☮  

Happy Hopping and Reading!  
The Things You Can Read
Believe In Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Love, and the Power of Books!

7 comments:

  1. What a great answer. Going to check out Teaching The Outsiders page.

    Happy Hopping!!
    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have everything in one place to use for teaching The Outsiders plus it looks great if someone wants to see your lesson plans!

      Delete
  2. I love that you use it for a teaching tool. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your visiting The Things You Can Read. It saves me so much time having the lessons on my blog! Links and all!

      Delete
  3. I've never read the Outsiders, though I've seen it around for years; guess it's time to add it to my tbr

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like some who genuinely enjoys what your doing Cynthia, lovely answer. I remember reading The Outsiders in 8th grade, the only characters I remember are Cherry and Pony Boy.
    Here's my answers
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/09/book-blogger-hop-11-september-6th-12th.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the praise. I teach The Outsiders four times each school year so the blog has made it so much easier. I'm always adding something to the teaching sections and trying to keep the Home page more for my book blogging journey! Enjoy the weekend and thanks for visiting The Things You Can Read!

    Cynthia @ The Things You Can Read

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment is awaiting moderation. It will appear once it has been approved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...