> The Things You Can Read: World Book Night 2014: Consider Giving in the Name of a Book Lover on Your List Suggestion 3

The Things You Can Read welcomes you and thanks you for your readership. We, here at The Things You Can Read, ask your help, if you visit our site regularly, please follow us either via email or Google Friend Connect.  Launched on June 7, 2012, our site has already attracted a great deal of attention.  One of the goals of the site is to feature reviews of Children's Picture Books, Young Adult novels and Adult Literary Fiction/Nonfiction.  A second goal for the blog is to be a resource for teachers of English and writing--with examples of student created writing, writing tips, resource links, and the opportunity to pick the brain of a seasoned English teacher.  To spice things up...every now and then, we'll also include random quotes and thoughts on education and life in general, but our ultimate goal is to reach out into the blogosphere and be a "Book Whisperer" and "Writing Whisperer" to children and adults of all ages.   Thank you for your readership.  Here is to a lifetime filled with reading and writing.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

World Book Night 2014: Consider Giving in the Name of a Book Lover on Your List Suggestion 3


Consider giving to World Book Night in the name of a Book Lover on your list.

 2014 logo
  
Spreading the Love of Reading,
Person to Person
   
Dear WBN Friend,
Whether giver or recipient, teacher or student, lives are changed by World Book Night.

"Thank you for the opportunity to give away books to my students. They absolutely love the title and students that I haven't been about to motivate all year are addicted to reading it. They come up to me daily and tell me about it." --Ida from TX

"I really like the book. I read it whenever I get the chance. It is my number one favorite. I am already on chapter three. The book reminds me of joy when I am depressed. It reminds me that school's important when I don't want to be at school. Let's just say my head was ticking, my mouth was not tocking." --Sixth grader S. from MI

Thanks to your efforts, fully one-third of the 500,000 books distributed each April 23 go to students at underfunded middle and high-schools. You put the books into the hands of the pupils themselves, many without means or access to books otherwise, many of whom have never had a book of their own before. You share the joy of reading for pleasure. You make World Book Night the celebration it is meant to be.

Please help continue the celebration buy supporting World Book Night with a year-end, tax-deductible gift. Your contribution helps ensure that we can reach students, their families, and their communities for years to come. Donate online now or by sending a check to our offices at 71 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY, 10003. (And if you work for a company offering matching gifts, be sure to submit for such funds.)

Thank you and happy holidays,
Carl Lennertz
Executive Director

P.S. Just one more: "As I look out in the hallways during passing period, I see the students carrying the books, almost like a badge of honor." --Kristin, a teacher
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment is awaiting moderation. It will appear once it has been approved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...