> The Things You Can Read: 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 4

The Things You Can Read welcomes you and thanks you for your readership. We, here at The Things You Can Read, ask your help, if you visit our site regularly, please follow us either via email or Google Friend Connect.  Launched on June 7, 2012, our site has already attracted a great deal of attention.  One of the goals of the site is to feature reviews of Children's Picture Books, Young Adult novels and Adult Literary Fiction/Nonfiction.  A second goal for the blog is to be a resource for teachers of English and writing--with examples of student created writing, writing tips, resource links, and the opportunity to pick the brain of a seasoned English teacher.  To spice things up...every now and then, we'll also include random quotes and thoughts on education and life in general, but our ultimate goal is to reach out into the blogosphere and be a "Book Whisperer" and "Writing Whisperer" to children and adults of all ages.   Thank you for your readership.  Here is to a lifetime filled with reading and writing.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 4

 
Day 4: What's the last book you flung across the room?

If I am going to read a book it is going to be a good one.  Honestly, I don't have time to read a bad one with three children under three running around, my reading time is precious.  Here is what I do, I will give a book between 50 to 100 pages, and if I'm not "feel'in the love," I don't continue.  There has to be something I feel really needs to be shared for me to spend the time to even write a less than positive review.  My feeling is, if I spend the time writing a review it is because I am giving it my seal of approval, and want to help build an audience for the book. 
 
I will say, I did stop reading a recently published "high profile" book.  It came to the top of my TBR pile with some major hype, but the story and the characters were not for me.  The main characters were three grown siblings who are brought together by a family tragedy.  I not only did I try reading this one, but listening to it, as well.  I dreaded doing either.  You know if you dread reading, STOP, like I said earlier, "So many good books, so little time." 

I recently read a classic where the writing was stunning, but the subject matter was revolting: pedophilia dressed up in a pretty package.  I desperately wanted to like the book, but because of the subject matter, it, instead, revolted me; yes, I could have easily thrown it across the room were it not for the fact it was an ebook.    
 
I will refrain from naming any specific books because how one feels about a book can be very subjective, and  honestly, I don't want to taint someone's opinion, and thereby prevent them from reading a book they may really like.  I will say, I do research a book before I start reading it.  I don't just randomly start a novel, which I also think can prevent any flinging!  
 
How would you answer this one?  Let us know here at The Things You Can Read!

Happy Reading
The Things You Can Read!
Believe In Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Love, and the Power of Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment is awaiting moderation. It will appear once it has been approved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...