> The Things You Can Read: 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 10

The Things You Can Read welcomes you and thanks you for your readership. We, here at The Things You Can Read, ask your help, if you visit our site regularly, please follow us either via email or Google Friend Connect.  Launched on June 7, 2012, our site has already attracted a great deal of attention.  One of the goals of the site is to feature reviews of Children's Picture Books, Young Adult novels and Adult Literary Fiction/Nonfiction.  A second goal for the blog is to be a resource for teachers of English and writing--with examples of student created writing, writing tips, resource links, and the opportunity to pick the brain of a seasoned English teacher.  To spice things up...every now and then, we'll also include random quotes and thoughts on education and life in general, but our ultimate goal is to reach out into the blogosphere and be a "Book Whisperer" and "Writing Whisperer" to children and adults of all ages.   Thank you for your readership.  Here is to a lifetime filled with reading and writing.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 10

 
Day 10:  How do you choose what book to read next? 

How do I choose what book to read next?  Well, it used to be a lot easier before I started to blog, but now it is often influenced by the ARCs (Advanced Reader Copy) I have been given from various publishers.  I try and read one ARC a week, since my ARC list is really starting to grow, so this list is the first "go to" spot, in order to make a new "what to read" book selection. 

The next list I peruse is my Samples list.  The samples are from Amazon, and they vary in length depending on how much the author or publisher wanted to share with a potential purchaser.  These books tend to be books I just heard about or could not, for whatever reason, obtain an ARC of the full book.  Sometimes I might read these simultaneously while having already started another book.  

After that comes library Ebooks, which I either have already checked out or the book is on my list to be checked out.  I only check out Kindle books because they return themselves without a trip to the library.  I have trouble enough remembering due dates for the humongous number of children's books we check out (not to mention the children's videos).

Then comes the physical books I already own.  However, I have a terrible time with physical books because my son loves to look at books, and he is very physical with them.  In other words, he destroys them, which is why I moved to reading on an Ereader.  Let me give you an example.  I purchased Joyland by Stephen King, I had to purchase the book because Stephen King decided not to release it in Ereader form.  You can only read a hardcopy, so I bought it.  I planned on starting it the other night, but didn't, so I hid the book in the sideboard railing of my bed, and now this morning, I found it all bent up on the floor.  I can't believe he found it, but he did.  Now, my brand new books doesn't look so new anymore, which again is why I use an Ereader.

Well, I'm sure I've left something out in my quest to get this post up and running , but I do recognize the ARCs jump to the top of my TBR pile, but I'm not complaining because I am very lucky that so many publishers are trusting me with an ARC to review.  THANK YOU PUBLISHERS...wherever you are!

Happy reading to all! ☮ 

Additional Resources:

Day 1 and 2 of Challenge

Day 3 of Challenge

Day 4 of Challenge

Day 5 of Challenge

Day 6 of Challenge

Day 7 of Challenge

Day 8 of Challenge

Day 9 of Challenge
 
How would you answer this one?  Let us know here at The Things You Can Read!

Happy Reading
The Things You Can Read!
Believe In Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Love, and the Power of Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment is awaiting moderation. It will appear once it has been approved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...