> The Things You Can Read: Review in Miniature: The ABC's of Yoga For Kids by Teresa Anne Power, Kathleen Rietz (Illustrator), Brookes Nohlgren (Editor).

The Things You Can Read welcomes you and thanks you for your readership. We, here at The Things You Can Read, ask your help, if you visit our site regularly, please follow us either via email or Google Friend Connect.  Launched on June 7, 2012, our site has already attracted a great deal of attention.  One of the goals of the site is to feature reviews of Children's Picture Books, Young Adult novels and Adult Literary Fiction/Nonfiction.  A second goal for the blog is to be a resource for teachers of English and writing--with examples of student created writing, writing tips, resource links, and the opportunity to pick the brain of a seasoned English teacher.  To spice things up...every now and then, we'll also include random quotes and thoughts on education and life in general, but our ultimate goal is to reach out into the blogosphere and be a "Book Whisperer" and "Writing Whisperer" to children and adults of all ages.   Thank you for your readership.  Here is to a lifetime filled with reading and writing.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Review in Miniature: The ABC's of Yoga For Kids by Teresa Anne Power, Kathleen Rietz (Illustrator), Brookes Nohlgren (Editor).



I will start by saying before I had kids I was a yoga nut. I practiced the crazy kind of yoga in a 101 degree room for 90 minutes--did I mention that I did this every single day...sometimes twice a day. I loved it, but I wanted more from life then a great yoga practice, which is where the kids come into the story. I’ve had four children in five years, my biological clock was ticking, and my personal yoga practice is sadly nonexistent.  Wait a minute that's where this book comes into the story...that nonexistent yoga practice was true until this book.  I believe in the benefits of yoga and wanted to instill this healthy practice into my children's lives, so I was very excited to discover The ABCs of Yoga for Kids by Teresa Anne Power, Kathleen Rietz (Illustrator), Brookes Nohlgren (Editor). 

Because of The ABCS of Yoga for Kids my girls and I now have a yoga practice together. It’s not the kind of practice I had five years ago, but it is a perfect fit for us as a family. I should also mention the book is geared for children between the ages of two and a half to five, which almost covers all my children that is except for the new baby.

I want to add that I received an electronic advance reader’s copy (ARC) of this book, but our family loved this book so much we purchased our own hardcover copy and the deck of 56 yoga cards that compliment the book (see pictures). Thanks Teresa for bringing yoga back into my family’s life in a most enjoyable and family-friendly way. 

I encourage anyone looking to practice yoga with young children or to practice as a family to pick up a copy of this book and start a regular practice together.

Thank you Net Galley and Stafford House for the advanced reader’s copy of The ABCs of Yoga for Kids by Teresa Anne Power, Kathleen Rietz (Illustrator), Brookes Nohlgren (Editor).



Happy Reading
The Things You Can Read!
Believe In Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Love, and the Power of Books!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment is awaiting moderation. It will appear once it has been approved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...