> The Things You Can Read: Book Blogger Appreciation Week-Day 3 What does book blogging mean to you?

The Things You Can Read welcomes you and thanks you for your readership. We, here at The Things You Can Read, ask your help, if you visit our site regularly, please follow us either via email or Google Friend Connect.  Launched on June 7, 2012, our site has already attracted a great deal of attention.  One of the goals of the site is to feature reviews of Children's Picture Books, Young Adult novels and Adult Literary Fiction/Nonfiction.  A second goal for the blog is to be a resource for teachers of English and writing--with examples of student created writing, writing tips, resource links, and the opportunity to pick the brain of a seasoned English teacher.  To spice things up...every now and then, we'll also include random quotes and thoughts on education and life in general, but our ultimate goal is to reach out into the blogosphere and be a "Book Whisperer" and "Writing Whisperer" to children and adults of all ages.   Thank you for your readership.  Here is to a lifetime filled with reading and writing.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Book Blogger Appreciation Week-Day 3 What does book blogging mean to you?

What Does Book Blogging Mean to You?
Being Visually Creative!
Image Credit:  Gifs of Silent Movies

September 10 -14, 2012 is Book Blogger Appreciation Weekso welcome to Day 3 of Book Blogger Appreciation Week.  On Day 3 of Book Blogger Appreciation Week bloggers are asked to answer the question: What does book blogging mean to you?

What does book blogging mean to me? 


Book blogging allows me to...be visually creative.  I am a visual person.  In fact, I'm often confused with the art teacher.  Blogging has allowed me to create my very own space in a very small corner of the blogging community.  A corner that is all mine, with my unique "visual fingerprints" all over it.  

Book blogging allows me to...share my thoughts about books, book related material and educational resources related to reading with others.  

Book blogging allows me to...have a voice that reaches out into the blogosphere.  I've tried so hard to be a member of a live book club, but I've never been fortunate enough to find the right mix.  Blogging has helped me be able to achieve my own "club" without ever leaving home.

Book blogging allows me to..."talk" books with other folks who also appreciate the printed word.

Book blogging allows me to...continue to grow and learn.  The technology of blogging has been something that has been fun to master.

Book blogging allows me to...take a solitary activity, such as reading, and make it interactive.

Book blogging allows me to...have a dialogue and share ideas about a topic I am passionate about-Reading!  My license plate is Read Bug for gosh sakes!

Book blogging allows me to...know that I am not alone in my bookish, introverted ways.

Book blogging allows me to...realize that there is nothing wrong with me because I'd rather read a book rather than watch TV.

Book blogging allows me to...realize that wanting an antique book case rather than a cable subscription is okay.

Book blogging allows me to...fill my life with something far more meaningful than the newest reality television show!


Book blogging allows me to...be "me" without being judged.  All the visitor has to judge me on is the blog that I have created.

I'd love to know what blogs or blogging means to you.  Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.  

Happy Blogger Appreciation Week!
The Things You Can Read

2 comments:

  1. Book Blogging is my way of reaching out to Authors, Aspiring Authors, and Readers to let them get to know me, Who I am, the things that interest me, and a peek inside my past and private life. It lets them know the person behind the stories of my books, where my ideas come from, and I share things I am learning along the way as an aspiring author who has two books published and the sequels to both getting edited and ready to be published later this year.
    It lets them know I am a person with a family, a day job, who struggles with the same things as everybody else does but am still living the dream - because I am a published author. I try to be uplifting, inspiring, funny, and light hearted with my posts as the world is usually a very negative place that we all inhabit.
    I use writing my blog posts as a warm up to begin writng for the day. If I haven't posted something it generally means I am in the middle of some really good writing on a future book or mired in making corrections from my editor on a soon to be published book.
    I hope it is alright to post a link to my blog so other may check it out as well.
    I love this Book Blogger Appreciation Week. If you get enough interest maybe next year it could be a month with many bloggers contributing on different days.
    http://thomaswilsonstoryteller.blogspot.com/2012/09/fear-trauma-and-flying-monkeys.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way that you answered this question. Very unique and thought out.

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment is awaiting moderation. It will appear once it has been approved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...