> The Things You Can Read: Book Blogger Appreciation Week-Day 2 Shining a Light on You

The Things You Can Read welcomes you and thanks you for your readership. We, here at The Things You Can Read, ask your help, if you visit our site regularly, please follow us either via email or Google Friend Connect.  Launched on June 7, 2012, our site has already attracted a great deal of attention.  One of the goals of the site is to feature reviews of Children's Picture Books, Young Adult novels and Adult Literary Fiction/Nonfiction.  A second goal for the blog is to be a resource for teachers of English and writing--with examples of student created writing, writing tips, resource links, and the opportunity to pick the brain of a seasoned English teacher.  To spice things up...every now and then, we'll also include random quotes and thoughts on education and life in general, but our ultimate goal is to reach out into the blogosphere and be a "Book Whisperer" and "Writing Whisperer" to children and adults of all ages.   Thank you for your readership.  Here is to a lifetime filled with reading and writing.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Book Blogger Appreciation Week-Day 2 Shining a Light on You

Interview with Myself
Image Credit:  Silent Intertitles
September 10 -14, 2012 is Book Blogger Appreciation Weekso welcome to Day 2 of Book Blogger Appreciation WeekDay 2 is entitled Shining a Light on You!  Since I did not sign up for the Interview Swap, I am using the set of questions provided by BBAW, if you are interviewing yourself.  Here goes...

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
I try not to snack, since I have some "baby weight" to lose, but I do enjoy drinking hot tea with a healthy dose of lemon, while reading.
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
If it is for a class, yes, I mark them all up, but if I am reading for pleasure, no.  However, I do love sticky notes, which I use liberally.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
I usually keep my place using a picture of my children.  I'm not a big fan of dog-earring my books.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
I read both, but tend to read more fiction.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
I love both, I have a new found appreciation for audiobooks, since having twins and a singleton within a two year period.  I have to admit, I listen more than I read.  I am an Audible.com fan!  Thank goodness I'm both a visually and auditory learner, however listening to a book does work different parts of your brain then reading a book, so I do understand if listening is not for everyone.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point?
I can usually put a book down anywhere, but prefer to stop at the end of a chapter.  However, having young children means going with the flow, and if a get a minute to read I'll take it even if it means stopping mid-sentence.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
I try to look the word up, but it might not be that minute.  This is when the sticky notes come in handy.  I usually write the word on a sticky note and look it up when it's convenient.

What are you currently reading?
I'm reading an ARC copy of The Entertainer: Movies, Magic and My Father's Twentieth Century by Margaret Talbot and I'm listening to 11/22/63 by Stephen King and The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty.

What is the last book you bought?
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
I have one book that I am reading, and I usually have two that I am listening to.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
I like to read print books in bed in the evening or in my claw foot tub, while socking in lots of Mr. Bubble and a liberal smattering of epsom salt.  I listen to books anytime of day, while I swim, walk, clean, surf the Internet, drive, etc, etc, etc....

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
I like both.  It really depends on the series.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
I love John Irving.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
I moved and lost my library space, but when I had my library, I organized them alphabetically.

Happy Blogger Appreciation Week!
The Things You Can Read

 

1 comment:

  1. Good to learn more about you! This is my first time participating in the BBAW and I'm loving it. I have found so many blogs to follow because of it. I write a children's book blog. It's: www.storytimebooks.wordpress.com. Feel free to check it out if you'd like. I'll be back to visit your blog! Happy BBAW :)

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment is awaiting moderation. It will appear once it has been approved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...