> The Things You Can Read: 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 9

The Things You Can Read welcomes you and thanks you for your readership. We, here at The Things You Can Read, ask your help, if you visit our site regularly, please follow us either via email or Google Friend Connect.  Launched on June 7, 2012, our site has already attracted a great deal of attention.  One of the goals of the site is to feature reviews of Children's Picture Books, Young Adult novels and Adult Literary Fiction/Nonfiction.  A second goal for the blog is to be a resource for teachers of English and writing--with examples of student created writing, writing tips, resource links, and the opportunity to pick the brain of a seasoned English teacher.  To spice things up...every now and then, we'll also include random quotes and thoughts on education and life in general, but our ultimate goal is to reach out into the blogosphere and be a "Book Whisperer" and "Writing Whisperer" to children and adults of all ages.   Thank you for your readership.  Here is to a lifetime filled with reading and writing.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 9

 
Day 9:  Why do you blog about books? 

Why do I blog about books?  Well, because I've always loved a good story.  As a child it was fairy tales.  I was lucky enough to have a mother who took me to the library and read to me, and she, in turn, passed on her love of reading to me.  Where did she learn to love books?  She learned from having her mother read fairy tales and Bible stories to her.  Like all family traditions, I hope to pass on my passion for reading to my almost three year-old twins, Samuel and Irene, and their almost two year old sister, Lillian Marcella.  I read to them, and they see me read, which makes them interested in the printed word.  Books and old movies are my passion.  I don't have time for movies any more, and I can't imagine giving up books, so I read and blog about what I know best, BOOKS.

"Are you the art teacher?" That's the question I get all the time. No, I'm not the art teacher, but I am a frustrated artist trapped inside the body of an English teacher, and my blog also allows me to express myself visually.  So by day, I'm an English teacher who spreads her passion for reading to her students, where I often use my visual extension of myself, my blog, in my lesson, which is why during the school year, I have more teacher oriented posts mixed into the bunch.  Like my blog says, I want to be a "Book Whisperer" to those who find me in the classroom or out in the blogosphere, therefore, I blog!  Happy reading to all! ☮ 

Additional Resources:

Day 1 and 2 of Challenge

Day 3 of Challenge

Day 4 of Challenge

Day 5 of Challenge

Day 6 of Challenge

Day 7 of Challenge

Day 8 of Challenge
 
How would you answer this one?  Let us know here at The Things You Can Read!

Happy Reading
The Things You Can Read!
Believe In Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Love, and the Power of Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment is awaiting moderation. It will appear once it has been approved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...